1975 -1979 – Nassau Co. New York School Administrator; specializing in school facility reconstruction.
Extensive life background in commercial construction and large commercial project management; with family business McEvoy General Contracting established 1955.
1980 – Present – President Empire State Properties Inc/ Empire State Bankruptcy Management Corp / President Senior Home Foundation, licensed by New York State OFCS (office of children and family services).
Through the years of building a business rehabilitating, stabilizing and maintaining foreclosed and distressed or mismanaged properties, Patrick McEvoy is well established as an expert in the niche area of rebuilding adult communities from government foreclosure and bankruptcy auction sales; 232 properties owned sold or managed over 39 years. Considering the needs of the larger community, Patrick McEvoy has rebuilt small and large properties and, due to high-end finishing’s, excellent management and thorough marketing campaigns, his work has served to improve the surrounding areas while simultaneously providing superb housing for a growing demographic (Adults 68 +).
Senior accommodation: fully re-tooled senior capability as per State Departments of Health specifications for skilled nursing care with lockdown and safe zone Alzheimer’s specialty.
Retired since 2017, Licensed by currently purchases properties and manages family trust. Twenty-three million will be permanently applied to supplement properties to the independent family portfolio “McEvoy Family Trust”; for future family generations, in operation of foster homes and adult care communities, highest demand in New York and All USA metro regions since 2009.
With NYS legislators’ recommendation, I provide housing for Second Chance Foster Homes where young people are rehabilitated in a transformed large foster family unit setting. They have a new chance to re-enter society as rehabilitated adults with fresh wholesome family and spiritual values.
Established as a Real Estate Investor in 1979, and buying, rebuilding and selling properties for large and small institutions, commonly through large government institutional programs (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, F.H.A.) or directly through Bank or Supreme Court Appointed Referee/ Marshall for Bank Foreclosure.
Through 39 years of, developed simple and profound methodologies; these allow for sourcing leads on property investments, stabilizing communities.
- Proven successful in choosing profitable investments.
- Specialized in rebuilding, re-stabilizing and releasing badly managed or foreclosed properties.
- Focused on bold and aggressive, highly competitive construction with non-union bids.
- Developed massive marketing campaigns leading to large increases in leasing and occupancy.
- Expert management; providing safe, clean and maintained buildings that serve the needs of tenants and the larger community.
Anything outside New York State limited to only large complex purchases or senior housing, no group homes.
All ALF or Alzheimer’s Care or Independent Senior Homes. All Purchased Through NYS Supreme Court Referee or Marshall
- * Boulevard Commons Apartments (Please see attached description)
- Long Beach Assisted Living (Please see attached description)
- County Center Surgical and Medical Complex (Please see attached description)
- * Fairhaven Nursing Facility (Please see attached description)
- 104 Sequoia Drive, Coram NY 11727
- 41 Furman Lane, Patchogue NY 11772
- Crestwood Drive, Ronkonkoma NY 11779
- Parkridge Circle, Port Jefferson NY 11776
- 5 Scrimshaw Drive, Southampton NY 11968
- Lyon Funeral Home: 3640 Route 112, Coram NY 11727
- Hawkins Avenue Animal Hospital: 354 Hawkins Avenue, Ronkonkoma NY 11779
- Strafford, Shirley, NY 11967
- Helene Avenue, Mastic NY 11950
- 40 Spindel Drive, Hicksville NY 11801
- 183 Mohawk Drive, Ronkonkoma NY 11779
- David Whites Lane, Southampton NY 11968
- 37 Kale Road, Rocky Point, NY 11778
- 45 Fifty Acre Road, Head of the Harbor NY 11780
- 27 Park Lane, West Islip NY 11795
- 9 Sea Cliff Lane, Miller Place NY 11764
- 1155 Old Northern Boulevard, Roslyn NY 11576
- 197 Artist Lake Drive, Middle Island NY 11953
- 154 Dove Cote Lane, Central Islip NY 11722
- Helen Avenue, Smithtown NY 11787
- 6 Sandy Court, Lake Grove NY 11755
- 151 North 4th Street, Lindenhurst NY 11757
- 2384 New York Avenue, Huntington NY 11743
- 1 Russet Lane, Lake Grove NY 11755
- Tripple Oak, Nissequoge NY 11780
- Harborview Motel: Harborview Avenue, Port Jefferson Station NY 11776
- 17 Cross Roads Lane, West Hampton Beach 11977
- 15 Baker Lane, Levittown NY 11756
- 370 Clift Street, Central Islip NY 11722
- 352 Mooney Pond Drive, Farmingville NY 11738
- 2 Forest Lane, Coram NY 11727
- 118 Bayview Walk, Fire Island NY 11782
- 5 Hillsdale Lane, Coram NY 11727
- Woodland, Mastic Beach NY 11950
- 24 Peters Drive, Shirley NY 11967
- 21 September Orleans Green, Coram NY 11727
- 3430 Great Neck Road, Amityville NY 11701
- 131 Offaly Street, Amityville NY 11701
- 115 Hickory Street, Mount Sinai NY 11766
- 2 Neighborhood Road, Mastic NY 11950
- Beaver Dam Road, Islip NY 11751
- 58 Oletta Road, Mount Sinai NY 11766
- 12 Vidoni Drive, Mount Sinai NY 11766
- 6 Yarmouth Lane, Lake Grove NY 11755
- 38 Roy Drive, Nesconset NY 11767
- 55 Sherwood Drive, Mastic Beach NY 11951
- Bay Watch Hotel and Marina, Hampton Bays NY 11946
- 37 Benjoe Drive, Amityville NY 11701
- 93 Croyden Court, Albertson NY 11507
- 58 Derby Place, Smithtown NY 11787
- 7 Ashland Drive, Huntington NY 11743
- 15 High Ridge, Huntington NY 11743
- Brooker Avenue, Wyandanch NY 11798
- Emerson Court, Westbury NY 11568
- 1138 Martinstein Avenue, Bayshore NY 11706
- 2 Overlook Road, Brookhaven NY 11719
- Masthead, East Hampton NY 11937
- Hans Boulevard Ronkonkoma NY 11779
- 5 Frazer Court, Greenlawn NY 11740
- 170 West Bartlett Road, Middle Island NY 11953
- 275 Unit Apartment Complex: 430 West Huhammad Alley, Louisville KY
- 74 Pinewood Drive, Shirley NY 11967
- 43 Balin Avenue, Centereach NY 11720
- 8 Kline Street, West Islip NY 11795
- 23 Furman Avenue, East Patchogue NY 11772
- 28 Cresent Street, Yaphank NY 11980
- 939 Americas Avenue, East Patchoque NY 11772
- Mastic Boulevard, Shirley NY 11967
- Greenbelt Parkway, Holbrook NY 11741
- 85 Blackwatch Court, Southampton NY 11968
- 4 Paul Revere Lane, Centerport NY 11721
- 1543 Clay Street, Elmont NY 11003
- 132 Unit Apartment Complex: 208 North Crestline Drive, Kunakee, IL
- 50 Ciro Street, Huntington NY 11743
- 11 Berger Avenue, East Moriches NY 11940
- 19 High Path, Belle Terre NY 11766
- 7 Wainscott Avenue, Sound Beach NY 11789
- 23 Waterford Drive, Wheatley Heights NY 11798
- 5 Vicki Court, East Setauket NY 11733
- 432 Wolf Hill Road, Dix Hills NY 11746
- Provost Avenue, Dix Hills NY 11746
- Fairfield Lane, East Hills NY 11548
- 794 Jill Court, East Meadow NY 11554
- 161 Plymouth Boulevard, Smithtown NY 11787
- 269 4th Avenue, Bayshore NY 11706
- 540 East Main Street, Riverhead NY 11901
- 7 Hansom Lane, East Setauket NY 11733
- 1349 Peters Boulevard, Bayshore NY 11706
- 61 Old Jule Lane, Mattituck NY 11952
- 2 Wabil Road, Miller Place NY 11764
- Wauweupex Trail, Rocky POint NY 11778
- 10,000 sq ft Restaurant: Ocean Walk, Cherry Grove NY 11782
- Main Walk, Cherry Grove NY 11782
- 54 Bringle Bank, Nissequogue NY 11780
- 62 Benjoe Drive, Amityville NY 11701
- Middle Country Road, Middle Island NY 11953
- 21 Country Road, Medford NY 11763
- 134 Ponquogue Avenue, Hampton Bays NY 11946
- 325 Glen Cove Avenue, Sea Clift NY 11579
- 86 Lake Promenade, Ronkonkoma NY 11779
- 12 East 2nd Street, Huntington NY 11743
- 409 3rd Street, Greenport NY 11944
- 109 Huron Street, Port Jefferson NY 11776
- 16 East 2nd Street, Huntington Station NY 11746
- 5 Wellington Court, Lake Ronkonkoma NY 11779
- 57 Lebrun Avenue, Amityville NY 11701
- 7 Crest Hollow Lane, Manorville NY 11949
- 124 Carman Street, Patchogue NY 11722
- Lily Drive, East Setauket NY 117733
- 68 Deer Lake Drive, North Babylon NY 11703
- 357 Albany Avenue, Amityville NY 11701
- 15 Stadium Boulevard, Setauket NY 11733
- 151 North 4th Street Lindenhurst, NY 11757
- 39 Colonial Drive, Huntington NY 11743
Second Chance Foster Homes
- Former home of Mick Jagger (26 Bedroom Mansion): Frost Mill Road, Mill Neck, NY 11765
- 339 Archer Street, Freeport NY 11520
- 29 Home Creek Drive, Freeport NY 11520
- 236 Blue Point Avenue, Blue Point NY 11715
- 96 Vanderbilt Avenue, Central Islip NY 11722
- 7 Hillberry Drive, Holbrook NY 11741
- 16 Hyacinth Lane, Holbrook NY 11741
- 318 Firgrove Road, Ronkonkoma NY 11779
- 162 Artist Lake Drive, Middle Island NY 11953
Hundreds of others available for review
Boulevard Commons Apartments
Boulevard Commons Apartments Project FHA # 071-35616 (Purchased through the Federal Government)
5417 West Washington, Chicago, IL Main office (15 buildings) 60644-3233
- 1,000+ Tenant Apartment Complex
- 15 Buildings (Walk-Ups)… 30% skilled and adult and memory care .
- Designed with the Elderly in mind, Assisted Living Features Throughout
The entire building was in great need of repair; a large project that as a former Fannie Mae purchaser, was perfectly matched for us.
This was a non-project based complex, 500,000 square feet requiring nearly 8 million dollars build-out. We brought occupancy up from 30% to 95% in 3 months following the rebuild. The HUD demands for comprehensive repair were satisfied. Both Greystone bank and HUD had done extensive reviews on work performed and our grades for the quality of work were excellent as usual. FHA rates quality of purchaser, base upon the outcome. Subsequent projects come to those who perform best. This project was sold to a large REIT.
- New Doors
- Hotel Carpeting
- Many new kitchens and bathrooms
- Asbestos and Environmental Cleanup
We were able to satisfy the social needs of this complex by properly providing tenants with a warm, welcoming, community-oriented building. Effective management means good staff, diligence, and organization. Tenants were very satisfied and good tenants stayed.
In addition to extensive repairs and remodeling, the building was designed with the 65+ community in mind. Community rooms were included in centrally located, easy access areas within the multi-building complex. A library, game room, in-house clinic, fitness center, dining room, and salon were primary offerings available to the tenants.
Our team of managers, led by Patrick McEvoy, arranged a full calendar of events from game nights and travel to local museums and city highlights, to educational activities and book clubs.
Prospective tenants were carefully approved; subsequently, a community of people seeking a quiet and healthy lifestyle was established and flourished. Tenants were able to decorate and choose finishing’s of their individual apartments and in conjunction with a well thought out and beautifully finished common area, the buildings remained cohesive and clean.
The complex was sold in perfect condition with nearly full occupancy in 2006 to a Real Estate Investment Trust. In 2010 as the REIT fell into foreclosure, Chicago Housing Authority and Fannie Mae called me to bid on this building for a second time with special pricing as they knew of our capabilities. We declined.
Long Beach Assisted Living
251-255 West Broadway, Long Beach, NY
- Independent Assisted Living Complex on the Atlantic Ocean
Long Beach was an area in swift transition, we purchased this property from the Supreme Court-appointed referee. The building had been housed by squatters with various forms of substance abuse issues and served as a conduit for all manner of illegal activities. A thorough eviction was accomplished paving the way for efficient and expedient renovations. With the direct support of the Mayor’s Office, Police Commissioner and the local department of Social Services for emergency housing, we completed what appeared to be a miraculous immediate and full recovery of the building. All invested parties, especially the Mayor and including the community were ecstatic with the result.
The building was fully gutted; kitchens, bathrooms, and boiler rooms were rebuilt. The water bill had been 4,000% higher than one would expect for several years, with domestic water leaks found under the building (ocean salt water on galvanized pipe ). Our decision to replace the plumbing with galvanized metal water pipes remediated the issue and prevented possible future problems that are typical in a building located directly near the ocean.
Additionally, the building was brought to conformity with the fashionable trends and modernization in the area. The project was completed to premium quality, raising the market value of all properties in the area and replacing a blight in what was to become an upscale city.
Our marketing efforts of hanging a large banner outside of a building, sending letters to all Real Estate offices and to all individual sales people within the area offering incentives resulted in a fully leased building in 3 days’ time.
County Center Surgical, Medical Complex, Eldercare, and Adult Daycare
County Center Surgical, Medical Complex, Eldercare, and Adult Daycare
540 East Main Street, Riverhead, NY
- 9 Buildings and Medical Complex
Mismanaged buildings and medical complex with a host of violations from the city prohibiting any new tenancy until corrected. For example, conditions were so horrendous that even the operating room lacked functional plumbing during surgical operations.
The foremost mental health facility was also located in this complex and sidewalks were in complete disrepair, twisted paving and dangerous holes where those without full stability could easily fall.
Gutted and rebuilt complex including all new doors, new carpets, and new ceilings. Today, the main offices of Riverhead Township are located here, along with with Peconic Satellite Hospital an amazing accomplishment considering the previous condition and violations held by the property.
We illuminated and repaved the parking lot, included parking for emergency doctors right outside the door, added new striping and received the approval of safety and fire officials. The brick façade was sandblasted and new doors installed throughout.
In consideration for our prospective leaseholders, a high-end state-of-the-art accessible playground with tight mesh 10-foot fence was constructed, which would allow care providers a place to wait while their children played.
As with apartment complexes, guests and patients prefer clean, neat and safe surroundings. It is our highest priority to provide excellent, best in class properties. The philosophies and ethics we hold have proven time and again to lead to expedient leasing with desirable tenants.
Fairhaven Nursing Facility
Fairhaven Nursing Facility FHA # 112-SH009 (Purchased through the Federal Government)
2400 N. Bell Ave Denton TX 76209
- 2 Buildings with 100 Beds
The expanding community of Denton, TX saw increasing growth in the senior demographic over the last decade. Due to mismanagement, the property was falling into delinquency. Working with Jack Stark, USA Housing Urban Development National Manager, we were brought onto the project to breathe new life and prosperity into a previously defunct assisted living facility.
With a high-end and complete build out, we converted the units into a nearly 100 bed facility. Providing pristine individual living space and generous common areas, to facilitate the needs of the residents and their guests.
Upon completion of the remodel, with generous incentives offered, the building was fully leased up. Due to the superior finishing’s and extensive re-branding, the facility was a prime residential choice for seniors. A profitable sale was made within 2 months, leaving all invested parties exceedingly satisfied and improving the local area and market.